Tuesday, April 19, 2011

roots

roots
*********
hari ini

the island is washing away in front of my zen zone...

it's so interesting how the tides shift throughout the year and erode parts of the island, leaving a cliff of beach and exposed tree roots where there was once a sloping dune of sand

last year when I first came to this paradise I now am blessed enough to call hOMe... there was a slope in front of the driftwood castle.
when I arrived back here in march there was a sheer drop we had to leap off of.. and last night at sunset (which was unbelievable beyond measure... pics from holly's camera to come)- we saw that the radiant ball of fire was leaning down to kiss the horizon so we grabbed our kalapacardis (coconuts and Bacardi) and ran out the front of the castle ready to make our cliff diver leap on to the beach only to find that it required more of a step then a leap.
the sand was coming back up again to how it was last may.

the full moon was two days ago and I know the tides are most intense (highest and lowest) at this time... so i think maybe things are shifting and the erosion (strong tides that pull away parts of this island) are rotating clockwise towards where the zen zone tent is.

the waves are so loud at night I almost always wake up around 4:30am-- oftentimes at 4:44... (of course) to the sound of the waves slapping against the exposed roots and sandy cliff in front of my house.

the "roots" of everything fascinate me.

I like to know where people are rooted - where they came from, and where their spiritual foundation is etc...
I love to look at the roots of trees and plants (the Aspen tree and the lotus are my favorites)
and I am especially interested in the roots of words.

I was thinking about the word in Indonesian for "wave" as a set of them slapped the island... OMBEK

one of my favorite Upanishads is "moksha beksho bandhaha"
even the desire for liberation is bondage.

I thought about BEKsho- desire
and how the desire for union could be
OM BEKsho

whoa.

I mean OM (in my personal translation) is the sacred syllable for all that is.
it is peace.
it is the union between darkness and light. the yoking of opposites...
it is SAMA (balance)--- or Sama in Indonesian actually means 'with'
same thing kind of...
it is consciousness.
union within

to indo... a wave is literally the desire for union.

pergi ke gereja.
to go to church.

all across the world you hear surfers refer to surfing a going to church.

taking a wave is like receiving communion.

communion.

like... COME, UNION.

(see how I can follow roots through the maze of my mind and bring it all together somehow? ha)

so now I sit as the sun is creeping up over the palm trees to our right as we sit and look out to the breaking ombek out front of the castle.

the Santa Lucia charter boat is anchored next to the waves... surfers are already taking communion this morning- carving down the turquoise walls of desire that form on top of the reef, chased by the foamy aftermath that rolls towards us, before reforming as an aftershock that finally collapse on our island.

the shades of aqua, tuquoise, and teal are vibrant today dancing underneath the warm, sunny morning sky... puffy clouds are flicked here and there bouncing the bright light in every direction... like the crystal I used to hang in my window of the jungle room at OM home...
there are schools of irridescent fish glittering through the ripples in front of the island as they swim against the current...
the view right now is so magical it's almost to much to believe.

how did I get here?

was this all just purely manifestation or is some of it karmic reward?

OM MANI PADME HUM
"the jewel in the center of the lotus"

like the lotus that grows down in the shit... roots in the muck... and emerges on top of the water, blooming as this elegant beautiful flower... maybe that's a karmic reward like my existence here...

I am feeling my roots today.
and i am so grateful to be where i am.

No comments:

Post a Comment