Thursday, April 14, 2011

the gift of memory

**************
27 years since the day i was born...

i received this link from my soul sister tawney.



this is hands down the best birthday present i have ever gotten.
no... i mean, ever.

tears of joy to my shoulder...

my heart goes SQUEEEEEZE.

it hurts.

but it hurts so good.

i have to remind myself that its okay to let my heart long for venice and my tribe and the sickened feeling?...
the ball of nauseous emotion creeping up my rib cage?...
that knot in my stomach?...
and this dread-lock in the fibers of my heart?...
that's just being hOMesick.

i'm strong as hell.
i was raised by the strongest, most resilient amazonian love warriors on the planet.
and i AM a ninja of love.
i fall in love HARD and fast... fiercely and intensely adoring the people i care about.

but like my sweet goddess sister carrie turner sings...

"how did you think i would feel? i'm a woman. i'm not made of steel."

and SO this breaks my heart.
it makes the hOMesickness almost too much to swallow and at the same time it strokes the lonely, longing, desperately aching part of me, that dreams of these people and thirsts to drink in their love and touch hands and be wrapped together beneath a native american inspired blanket singing our souls and pledging unconditional love and unity as the (now estranged) family that we are...

i love you venice beach.
i love you tawney & ski house compound
i love you OM hOMe
i love you bermuda triangle sphere-a-mid
i love you donna house
i love you pan-a-mowgli's
i love you my sisters and brothers.
... my heartbeat.
... my life force.

i wouldn't be me without you and your enCOURAGEment.

i wouldn't be walking along these indonesian sands if you had not walked beside me along those venice streets.





OM prem, namaha

eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment