Sunday, May 1, 2011

yes?

yes? mah- sahz? yes dah-ling? you looking? yes mees- ees? manicure? muh-saz? yes? you eating here dah-ling? free wee-fee. you come in. look inside. yes? bike? yes transport? where you go-eeng? yes? yes?

whoosh. the bule bali assault.

I almost don't want to leave the fauxtel... ya. not even a real hotel in all honesty. I think the dudes that run it sell or do a lot of drugs or something.
I can't figure out what else they actually do besides sit around and stare as I come in and out.

the staring thing isn't actually that bad in bali (at least compared to padang) since its about 50% Australian here in kuta so there are plenty of blondes in bikinis so the novelty has worn off some.

now its just a dollar sign walking towards them.



oh man.
a little balanese babygirl who can't be more then 5 years old just tried to sell me bracelets. she has that five year old raspy voice that KILLS me.
seriously, if I could guarantee that my baby would be a fiesty smart tomboy green eyed girl with a low raspy voice and freckles I'd give up everything and have babies tomorrow.

as always, as I have been doing for a week now, as is becoming my mantra, I say no. sorry. ma af. tidak mao. no thank you. or the worst... head down, say nothing and pretend like that little face doesn't exist.
ooof.

I'm the girl who can't say no.
I always have been.

I'm zani-go.

and I pretty much live my life by the yes factor. it makes life so much more fun and interesting... sometimes awkward, often injured (or at least with blistered feet from impromptu adventures wearing the wrong footware) but fun and wonderful and exciting.

my dear friend and love, joshie lives by this too. it's probably why we have had the most outrageous adventures to date.
we say yea. we go with it.
whatever "it" is...
are you guys brother and sister?
yup. twins. but one of us might be adopted?
are you guys married?
yup.
wanna go that way and most probably get lost and/or stuck?
yup.

and yet here I am... the "yes girl" in bali saying no like it's my job.

it's bullshit.

it especially bugs me because for some reason that is this seasons's street sales pitch... for everyone.
no... I'm serious.
everyone.
they literally all say the same thing.

and they ALL get to say "yes" all day while I have to walk around saying no.

I mean... even if I had a million dollars and could buy everything I wanted... I don't WANT 300 identical bin tang tank tops...

so here is my plan I just came up with in this very moment...

either I am starting my own company here so I can say "yes" to everyone or else I am just gonna start saying yes. I love you. and then walking away.
same result, right?
I won't buy the bin tang shirt but I can avoid that toxic word "no"

I'll try it and keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment