Monday, May 23, 2011

to day

today

to day
like a cheers to "day"
... to day time
... to day light
I raise my coconut in the air to day today...

I woke up at dawn to my alarm "sleepyhead" climbed out of the mosquito net and stretched and yawned under the darkness ... the creeping blue of morning sky

I walked down the through the jungle wearing flip flops which felt wrong.
I never wear shoes- even across the vines and pieces of coral that litter the jungle floor.
I was going into town though so I needed to be shoed and with shoulders covered... so I had my cape wrap thing on too...

I climbed aboard the sampan with budi (our alternate driver) and jonas' mother who I was only introduced to as "ibu"

we sliced through that morning water like I have now done several times.

after about 30 minutes of meditation boat riding where my fingers trickle on the top of the splashing water down the side of the boat and pastel light greets the top of steamy jungle horizon lines, we arrived in tua pajet.

I know the dock patrol guy now which is fun. I feel like I live here.
oh... i do.

I met our guests and listened to their stories of the ferry.
"live chickens and motorbikes and children running around and bodies sweating everywhere smoking cloves..."
yup.
welcome to indo.
just you wait to see what the opposite pole of this is...
wait til you see where we're going.
30 min back and we pulled up to paradise island Aka hOMe...
Aka togat Nusa retreat



the guests nearly kissed the soft wooden planks on the floor of the driftwood castle, then ordered breakfast from Ruli our chef... and then we dove in the water.
it was like silk.

my first of the days magic moments.
silk.
divine silk.
warm, smooth, crystal clear.
like the hand of a lover stroking your lower back as you fall asleep in their arms.
that is the ocean here.

breakfast.

everyone on the boat for a morning surf. a swell came in yesterday so everyone went out...
John e, ainz, cahn, birdie, me, and our guests.
I mostly paddled around avoiding the huge thunderous waves...
making friends with the other surfers in the water off the charter boats anchored in front of the island.. telling them about the islan and inviting them to come in for a drink or massage.
and then retired to the boat to take pictures.



returning to the island I uploaded the photos and before I knew it the guests were back and it was lunch time.

after lunch, half the guests and everyone else who lives here got straight back on boat and out for a mid afternoon surf.

and next thing I knew surfers from the charter boats were arriving on the island that i was siglehandedly holding down...giving massages, tours, entertaining, and machety-ing coconuts open...

I gave 4 back to back massages and 2 island tours before finally sneaking away to snorkel with another guest just to rest my hands and not have to talk for a little while.



underwater is so peaceful.
it's like the little mermaid or finding nemo with all the colors and magic but no sound. (bummer- I'd love to hear the crab choir)

I parted through curtain of silverfish glistening in the late afternoon sunlight... I explored the coral like a lover...
I wrote a poem about it once...
comparing a love to a reef...
it's so beautiful and even though I'm aware it can cut me and hurt me I want to dive in and explore every inch of it's magestic beauty.

during one massage a guy was telling me about how it's so nice not to be waiting for the little red light on his blackberry.
It immediately felt like a million years ago since I was lookin for that red light every five minutes.
now I look for the red light of a charter boat on the horizon at nighttime...
but for the most part... as soon as the sun sleeps, my eyelids get heavy too.

i would rather be up for every hour in daylight then half in light and half in dark...
so i follow the words of Gibran and awaken at dawn with a winged heart, giving thanks for another day of loving.

cheers.
to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment